The house (built in 1840 – 186-ies) on the street of Pushkin, 27 (ex. Sobornaya Street, 27) the writer bought from the widow of A. F. Sushina in 1885 2. 400 rubles for the fees from the first of his novels “Pavlovskaya millions” and “Mountain nest “. Here dwelt the mother of the writer – A. Mamin, his sister Lisa, and older brother Nicholas. Dmitry Narkisovich was living himself in the house his wife M. Y. Alekseeva, but every day he visited his relatives.
The house belonged to D. N. Mamin – Sibiryak and after his departure to St. Petersburg in 1891. The members of his family were living here .The restructuring of the house was made with the consent of the writer. Late in 1891, the mother and sister of the writer to extend the house, making it the right brick extension with an entrance hall and a room for the writer’s brother Nicholas, cold as the passage on the left have been converted into a dining room. At the same time the house was faced with the facade in a single row of brick. In 1903 D. N. Mamin – Siberian was here in Yekaterinburg, and saw the house had already rebuilt. Till 1919 in the house was living his family, his sister Elizabeth Sarkisovna and his mother (Odintsovo).
After the death of Dmitry Narkisovich house was owned by his daughter Elena. She lived a short life, and died two years after his father’s death at the age of 22 years. Shortly before his death, Alenka made a will, leaving the house at the Pushkinskaya Street, 27 (Cathedral Street in 1899, it was renamed Pushkin, after the death in the immediate family moved to the city of Yekaterinburg: “I Strongly urge you to arrange in this city, and bequeathed to the house – Museum of Mamin – Sibiryak” she wrote.
The idea of creating a museum in this house was born in 1926 in the Commission to perpetuate the memory of the writer, created by members of the Society of A. P. Chekhov and his era, which operated at the Rumyantsev Museum in Moscow. Began in 1940, work on the museum was interrupted by the war. The museum was opened only in 1946. 40 years was a major overhaul of the house, and in 1973 – 1977 it was restored. Later to the house, an extension was made to accommodate exhibition halls, repository first, and then research library.
Own house of D. N. Mamina – Sibiryaka was wooden, chopped, plastered with rubble plinth and basement brick extension to the right. The facade is faced with brick only from the street, roof of iron. The windows of the facade are stucco architraves, the yard – wooden shutters. The front porch is made of old granite slabs, and above it a metal canopy with openwork sidewall. Because of disrepair genuine canopy was replaced during the restoration of the house others taken from the old buildings of Yekaterinburg. There are eight rooms, considering the former kitchen and hallway in the house. Service and the infield was preserved. Now at the house is a small courtyard, closed on all sides by modern buildings.